Our Commitments

Our golf course will seek to be the most playable, most enjoyable, and best-maintained golf course in the Pacific Northwest. It will be fair, yet challenging. We will strive to provide year-round, active and fun golf programs and events for men, women and children along with exceptional service delivered by the best golf professionals in the Pacific Northwest.

Our clubhouse will offer a warm and inviting atmosphere with year-round fun and enriching social events for adults, families, and children and will be the preferred place where families and friends connect, relationships are strengthened, and memories are made.

Our club is committed to providing excellent recreation and athletic facilities for our members’ healthy, active and evolving lifestyles.

Our club will be an active, responsible and involved member of our local community.

Our club’s management and leadership will be visionary and transparent in their commitment to keeping the club financially sound and continually evolving.

Our club will be known as a preferred workplace and will attract and retain high-quality employees to deliver to our members and guests a level of service and culinary culture that exceeds expectations.

Club History

The original Frank James-designed Overlake Golf Club opened in 1927. James and his partner, William Henry Tucker, designed such early layouts as Olympia Country & Golf Club, Sand Point Country Club, and Jackson Park Golf Course. Overlake was in full swing as a social and sporting scene for Eastsiders and Seattleites, many of whom arrived by small boat or ferry, until 1935 when the Great Depression forced the Club’s closure.

The two owners who bought the site following the original Club’s demise converted the course into pastureland for horses and Hereford Cattle. Norton Clapp then acquired the property. Clapp had known about the previous course and met with some local men who wanted to create another golf club. In 1952, Clapp agreed that another private golf club was needed and agreed to lease the 132-acre site to the newly re-formed Overlake Golf & Country Club.